Thursday, May 16, 2013

Chuck Murphy - Who Drank My Beer (While I Was In The Rear)


I hate when this happens... Not much has changed since 1952.

Here is what Billboard had to say about it Jul 19, 1952: Pleasant ditty is given good pace by a spirited western featuring a honky tonk piano. Murphy half-talks half-sings the lyrics with proper dolefulness while the boys in teh band add a gang vocal in spots. Should do okay in tavern jukes.



Chuck Murphy - Who Drank My Beer (While I Was In The Rear)

6 comments:

CoverHeaven said...

This is the original version, or the one by Dave Bartholomew also released in 1952???

Devil Dick said...

that i am not sure of.... sorry!

Apesville said...

The label shot of coral 61785 was issued in 1957
Billboard advert shows the 1st pressin 1952 issue number as coral 60800. Cheers I enjoyed it.
PS : Maybe you should stop going to the rear & wait for the chap behind you to go to the rear then stay in the bar & refill his glass?

Apesville said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OzYYaiPkPI

Devil Dick said...

DH thanx for the heads up and the tip..... i think....
Cheers!
DD

Anonymous said...

It was also recorded in 1952 by Tommy Duncan.